For a fibre and nutrient rich lunch, look to this vegetarian friendly green guacamole wrap.
When we cut out breads and pastries, we didn’t realize just how many gluten-free options there were out there for when a carb craving hits.
Don’t be fooled though, just because a product is gluten-free does not mean it’s good for you. Often times, they are loaded with sugar to substitute for the lack of gluten, so always be sure to read labels.
However, when a carb craving hits (we are human after all!) then these wraps are one of our go to meals to hit the spot.
One of our favourite brand of gluten free products is the Udi’s brand.
This primarily green wrap is loaded with nutrients and fiber to keep you feeling full, but not bloated.
Guacamole adds creaminess and freshness, sautéed kale adds a crunch and beans add delicious “meaty” flavour and will keep you feeling satisfied.
For extra creaminess, we of course had to get our goat’s cheese in there, and we top it all off with delicious cilantro, but this is optional.
|Veggie Friendly Guacamole Wrap|| |
- 2 gluten free wraps
- 3 tablespoon guacamole per wrap
- 2-3 large kale leaves, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat’s cheese
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large saucepan to medium-high heat. Do not add your oil yet, as you will first be heating up your wraps.
- Once the pan is hot, heat up each wrap for a bout a minute or 2 a side, until lightly browned.
- Once the wraps are ready you can add your oil.
- Allow oil to heat, then sautee kale until it starts to crisp.
- Set your kale aside in a bowl and add your garlic and cumin to the pan. Stir for one minute, and then throw your beans in just to heat through, not longer than 3-5 minutes.
- You are now ready to build your wraps! Start by slathering some creamy guacamole on each wrap.
- Next, layer your kale, followed by the beans and some sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with Goat’s cheese, as well as cilantro.