For the better? Of course.
But every once in a while you’ll have one of those face palm moments.
You won’t have to wait long until after you’ve announced your new lifestyle choice before you start engaging in quite a few strange, and sometimes downright “SRSLY?!” type conversations.
It’s not all that bad though especially when you encounter funny little moments like this…
A friend’s 9 y.o. says he’s not a pescetarian but a veg-aquarian.
— Eric Roston (@eroston) August 9, 2015
For better or worse, we thought we’d poke a little fun at the life of a pescetarian.
To do so, we enlisted the help of one of our favourites, Sheldon Cooper…
1. When you tell someone you’re pescetarian and they’re all like “I’m an Aquarius!”
OK we know the term “pescetarian” isn’t that well known but…really? Really.
2. That moment you meet another pescetarian.
It’s like meeting your sole-mate (couldn’t resist mwahaha).
3. Confronting the waiter about whether the seafood chowder has chicken broth in it.
Just another thing you can’t eat on the menu. Le sigh…
4. When yet another person tries to educate you on how you’re “probably iron and protein deficient”
You’ve now just taken to walking away calmly knowing that pescetarians are definitely not protein and iron deficient.
5. Your family insisting that you’re “just going through a phase”
All we’re asking for is a little respect… AMIRITE?
6. The inevitable run in with hardcore vegans.
Yes we know our pescetarian lifestyle choice might seem a bit hypocritical to you, but you know what …you do do, and…we do we.
7. You’ve learned (through much trial and error) how to bake the perfect salmon fillet.
To-die-for marinade. Check. Perfect oven temperature. Check. Ideal cooking time. Check.
8. Googling “Best coastal regions to live in” because you’ve gotta be near the freshest seafood.
California? Maine? British Columbia? Prince Edward Island? So many to choose from!
9. When your entire apartment floor smells like fish.
And you know it’s your fault. #SorryNotSorry
10. When you feel ashamed walking by your pet fish.
“James Pond…are you giving me judgy-eyes?”
11. Your friends trying to tempt you with meat by saying you’re “missing out.”
Yepp, you’ve done it. You’ve convinced me.
12. Going to the restaurant and your only fishy option is salmon with rice and steamed veggies.
You do realize there are a million different fish and seafood recipes right, chef?
13. Unless you go to an actual seafood restaurant and you’re instantly overwhelmed.
Can I just have one of everything please?